Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bust. Again. (and gratuitous doggie cuteness)

Yesterday. CD 14.  Temp dropped, but no AF and no signs of her showing up.

Today.  CD 15.  Two days after when AF usually shows up.  Temp went back up when I took it at 6am (granted, I was totally sleep deprived, but I was totally surprised).  Took a test.  STILL negative. Still no signs of AF.  Then I went to the bathroom at about 5pm (if I start, I normally start in the morning).....and HELLO, AF!

I shouldn't have been disappointed, surprised, whatever, but I was.  I mean, I can do this when I have normal cycles that result in AF, but when I'm two days late?  Yeah, that sucks.

Grouper and I had another really awesome heart to heart last night about our options and how it really wouldn't be the end of the world if we end up having to adopt.  He just kept reassuring me that the doctor will be able to help us and we'll have answers before we know it.

I have to call the doc's office first thing Monday to schedule a blood draw for the next two Tuesdays.  Gropuer's first semen analysis is Wednesday.

IUI, here we come (most likely).....even though my doc hasn't laid out a specific plan as to when we'll do our first one, that's what she indicated would be our best option, and if I had to guess, the month of November will probably be our "running tests" month and we'll be a go for my December cycle. 

I'd take a BFP for Christmas and my birthday, no problem!

In the meantime, I have this to keep me busy. 

So far she's doing a pretty good job of keeping my mind off of things.  And we're definitely getting a taste of what sleep deprivation with children will be like....she's cried ALL night long for the past two nights! And she sleeps during the day, of course....sometimes in my coffee table.

At least she's getting along with her sister.
And I had to throw in this picture of Grouper and Delilah......he was trying his best to calm her down and reassure her that we still love her, even though we have another dog.....now do you see why I think he'll make an awesome dad?  :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about this last BFN :( I hope you get some answers soon with the testing you are doing. Your puppy is super cute, i am sure this is welcomed distraction at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious distraction that sweet pup is! LG and I have been talking more and more about a second puppy. If we're still in this boat next year I have a feeling we'll be heading that direction, too :)

    I'm so sorry this cycle was yet another disappointment, but I am glad to have you here on this road with me (if you know what I mean). We'll get through this together, Gidget. Good luck with your appointments and feel free to email with any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the negatives and AF finally showing up. That bitch.
    The dog is wonderful though, and seems like a great source of distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{{hugs}}}} i'll be thinking of you for your upcoming tests and such. new puppy is super cute, though... definitely a good distraction!

    ReplyDelete