Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What the doctor said....

I am feeling more optimistic than I have in a while.

My doctor is so great.  She's so easy to talk to, she makes me feel like she genuinely cares and wants to help us, and most of all, she makes me feel NORMAL.

I gave her all of my charts, she looked them over, and she said that it looks like I'm ovulating pretty regularly, and even though I've had a bit of different in ovulation days and luteal phase length, they're nothing major.  She also said that as much as she hated to say it because she knows how I'd feel, it's a good sign that I DID get pregnant once, even if it didn't stick.

I told her about Grouper's issue....I think I've shared it here before.  I think.  One of his testicles never descended when he was a kid.  They had to remove it when he was like four.  They told his parents when he had the surgery that it would not impact his ability to have kids.   He's never had his sperm quality tested before though, so the more I think about it, the more I'm not so sure that everything's ok.  Anyway, when I told my doctor that, she said that even though I did get pregnant once, it definitely wouldn't hurt to get him tested...because as she said, "Even those with sperm quality issues can still shoot a winner every once in a while."  He is to give samples two different times, and I'll also be getting some tests done.  I'll have to go to her office to give blood on days 3 and 10 of my next cycle, and then again 5 days after I ovulate.  She said once we get all of those results, we'll decide what to do.  She said I may possibly have to have dye injected into my tubes to see if everything's clear or get a laproscopy to check for endometriosis, but she doesn't think that it'll get to that point.  She said if it is a sperm problem, she does the IUI at her office.  I was very relieved to hear that.  I love her so much and I'm so comfortable with her....it'll be nice to have her as my doctor for all of that. 

So it was a good appointment.  A good day.  Because now we have a plan.  We're getting somewhere, FINALLY.  And it feels great!

5 comments:

  1. That's great news, Gidget! I'm glad to hear (read) you so relieved and positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear it!! Very positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news! I'm so glad that you've found a doctor who makes you feel comfortable and who has some helpful direction for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! Isn't it such a relief when there's someone there to listen to your concerns. I hope you have good news at the end of the testing-- it's a pain, but really not that bad in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hooo!!! :) So thrilled for you guys!

    ReplyDelete