Sunday, January 2, 2011

Update

It seems like the past two weeks have flown by - between Grouper working on our floors like crazy and having the house torn up, having to travel to Indiana for Christmas and hanging around there for my birthday, and then coming back and hosting a New Year's Eve party, we've been busy. 

Tomorrow it's back to real life - back to work for Grouper (major bummer) and back to normal for me.  I am going to start trying a little harder to get all of my substitute teaching stuff in order (I've been trying, but I've kinda enjoyed my time off, too), and I'm going to start working on getting the house back in order and starting up some new knitting projects (I have seven pregnant people whose babies I want to knit for that will be here between now and July). 

I started Clo.mid on Christmas Eve and now I've been doing OPKs and just waiting for my LH surge to show up.  It's day 13, and so far, nothing.  I started on 50mg, and I've noticed a couple "side effects" - I get cramping every now and then, but nothing I can't manage, and I've noticed that I have more CM and that it's more watery than normal (TMI, I know, but it is what it is).  I am expecting to get my positive OPK tomorrow or Tuesday (hopefully) and from there I'll call the RE and we'll set up my ultrasound.  Getting my hCG shots through the mail was kind of a pain, but it's here now, and I'm still not sure when I'm supposed to take it and I'm a bit uneasy about the thought of Grouper stabbing me with a needle, but we'll do what we have to do. 

It seems like there is pregnancy in the air all around me - even our priest's sermon today centered on a parishoners's new pregnancy and the idea of love vs. fear and how faith plays such a role in all of that.  It's the first time in a long time that a sermon has actually made me stop in my tracks and really pay attention.  As a matter of fact, I started to tear up a little.  We're trying our best to be positive and enjoy our time as a couple until our wishes come true. 

I hope all of you get what you wish for in 2011 as well.....Happy New Year!

1 comment: