Friday, March 4, 2011

IUI #2

I didn't know for sure if we were going to be able to pull this one off today - we woke up to super slick roads and lots of accidents (a friend of mine saw 20 accidents in 2 miles), but we took our time and each made it to the RE's office safely, albeit a bit late.  After today's drive in, I could definitely tell I'm on hormones.  I normally have a touch of road rage, but it was to the extreme today.  I wanted to snap some necks!

Grouper's sample was AWESOME today, the lab tech even said "excellent," which I always like to hear, because if there's one thing they don't do at my RE's office, it's BS us about what's going on.  They tell it like it is.  His numbers today were 20.8 million post wash with over 90% motility, so that is really promising in comparison to the other two cycles. 

I'm feeling really good about things this month.  I'm almost tempted to say "at peace," which is weird, because that never truly happens.

Grouper started a new position within his company this past week and his new responsibilities will be taking him to Germany in a couple weeks, and there's a good chance I will be able to go with him.  I am hoping so, because if that's the case, most of my 2ww anxiety and energy can be put into thinking about and planning my 4 or so days in Deutschland.  That would be AWESOME.  And it is the perfect time, because the worst case scenario is that I'd be dealing with AF, and that's nothing new.

Here we go.  Time to hurry up and wait again!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there and back safely - the roads sound like they were awful.

    Hopeful for you this month! Hope the 2ww goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed! And how exciting about Germany!

    ReplyDelete