Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Deflated

I went to the RE today for my monitoring u/s and what was supposed to be my trigger shot.  Well, since nothing ever seems to just work out without drama or added hassle and complications, I have two follies, but they're not ripe.  Also, because the doc upped my Clo.mid to 150mg, my lining is less than stellar, so I will probably have to be on luteal support drugs this month (which translates to spending even more money and dealing with most likely even more side effects).  I am waiting on a call back from them to see what I do next.  I am just so done with all of this, I really think that if this month doesn't work, I need to take a break for a little while.

In Grouper news, he went to the urologist on Monday.  The doctor thinks that there is a chance that he might have a variocele (sp?) vein - and that could explain the issue with his morphology.  He has an ultrasound scheduled for Friday afternoon. If it is not an issue with the vein, the doctor said that chances are that the morphology issue is just an issue he has and there's not much he can do except tell us to do IVF, which I doubt we're going to do.

I'm just done worrying about it.  Done thinking about it.  Done feeling like shit about it.  I HATE this.

4 comments:

  1. Gidget, I'm so sorry. This is really hard. Is there a change you would move to injects with IUI after this step, if it doesn't work out? I know people have better lining after switching to those from Clomid.

    A break could be a good idea, just to let you head get back into a healthy space. ((Hugs)). I'm so, so sorry that you are feeling so discouraged right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sloper. It'so nice to always have your support, even when you're on "sabbatical!"

    The nurse actually did mention something about the fact that Clomid doesn't seem to like me too much. She mentioned a drug called Femara, but I was not able to talk to the doctor today, so once she talks to him, she's going to call me. I am pushing for no more Clomid, I hate that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've told you my story. I've never shared the stories of those in my (our-husband and I) support group but I recall we all used to say 'we need to be our own doctors, our own advocates because these doctor's are like mechanics, they're always finding something "wrong" with us'. I understand the frustration first hand and it's amazing to me the many issues we as women today face to GET pregnant, STAY pregnant and deliver a healthy baby. My mom had 5 kids without a problem and all I hear now are issues.

    All I can say is stick to what you think is right and what's right for you and the future of your family. And if you want a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion you do just that.

    I'm hoping maybe the Femara works for you.

    I'm just hoping you and Grouper get what you want...I'm here if you ever want to talk or scream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. After my hubby saw the urologist I thought the most frustrating part was that he couldn't really give us any great options. He did recommend surgery, but said there's really only a 50% chance it will have any effect and they won't know for 6 months. I know that's better than nothing, but I'm hoping he tells you that your odds are better than ours were. It's really so depressing when they can't tell you what is causing the problem :(

    ReplyDelete