Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Graduation Day

Grouper graduated from the urologist yesterday.  I went with him to the appointment, and he was told that not only was his ultrasound normal, but so was his last semen analysis, and aside from a recommendation for a supplement to take, the urologist said that there's nothing he can do for us and that it's most likely just a matter of time. 

This makes no sense to me.  I cannot wrap my brain around the fact that we've been taking medications, doing procedures, and timing everything right on top of everything supposedly being "normal" and nothing is happening.  I did ask the urologist why there would be such a large discrepancy between his morphology numbers (from less than 1% to 4% in six months) and he said he cannot explain it, but that it's a good thing that the numbers are higher now.  He said that he considers 3% to be normal, so that's even better news.

I am not really that hopeful for this cycle.  I'm 10DPO and I don't feel any different.I think that we just need a break and to focus on each other for a while.  And I really truly am fine with that.  We have plans this weekend to go back to Canada to visit some friends, and our summer is becoming more and more jam-packed with plans.  It'll be awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Hearing that there's nothing really wrong can ironically be the most frustrating news, when you've been trying and trying and not getting any where. I know how you feel, I've been there, it sucks.

    This could be your month. Next month could be your month. One way or another, Gidget, you are going to be a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about this. I think it's worse to hear that they don't know what wrong, because they don't know what to do to fix it. I'm also surprised the urologist said that 3% was normal. Our urologist said 4% was still bad and recommended surgery for my hubby - but our RE said that J's levels were probably not the sole cause of our problems. It's so frustrating when you keep meeting with different people and they keep telling you different things.

    I'm still really hoping that this is your month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things happen when you least expect them. So who knows maybe while you're going from place to place this summer and enjoying each other you'll "forget" you were even trying and it'll happen.

    Keep my fingers crossed for you two!

    p.s. It is VERY frustrating when Dr.'s don't give you straight answers. And you begin to realize their degrees are pretty much just nice things to place on a wall. I wish you lived in NYC because there is a fantastic Dr. here that is helping 2 couples i know out with issues they are having. He (and his brother) are amazing and take real care of their patients and try their best to answer all their questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so frustrating! But like I said yesterday, I'm loving your point of view on things right now. You are awesome no matter what happens.

    Last year I said the same thing - I'm going to take the summer "off" of scheduling BDing and being frustrated with BFN. Instead I was going to enjoy the sun, the wine and the carefree life of not having children. Then BAM, first cycle with that train of thought I got KU. I'm hoping it happens to you too!

    ReplyDelete