Saturday, April 3, 2010

Next year....

Well, due to the arrival of AF today, it looks like I won't be a mom until 2011. I guess I'm ok with that...reading Secret Sloper's "Positive Bullshit" post helped me to try to have a better outlook on things, so I figured I'd come up with a few of my own.....

My "Positive Bullshit" contributions:

1) I can drink for the NCAA games tonight. Yay!
2) I won't be huge and obnoxiously pregnant during the summer...hopefully I'll be that way in the winter of this year, yes?
3) I will be able to enjoy the holidays with my family without having to worry about either a)packing up a new baby and all his/her belongings or b)which family members will or will not make the trek to see us and the brand new baby.
4) Yeah. That's about it. But the first three were good.

7 comments:

  1. These contributions to the Positive Bullshit are good, but not nearly vindictive enough. You need to really lord it over other people to get the full Positive Bullshit experience. Try claiming 2011 for your own-- nobody else is having babies in that year yet. It's all ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now you have a shot at having the first baby of the year - if s/he comes early! January 1st! They give out lots of "prizes" to the first baby of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011 Rocks! Love the positive bullshit!
    :)LTB

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh some more positive bull shit to add:
    -you will save money buying xmas gifts for the baby!
    -if you read the book Blink by Malcolm Gladwell you will see that babies born in the beginning of the calendar year are highly more successful at just about everything than babies born at the end of the year!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what does that say about me, LTB? I was born on December 27th...maybe that's why I can't seem to get prego! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this rationale, because if my IVF works I'll be looking at an early 2011 baby too. Which is crazy because I remember going to my RE back in October thinking, well I'll of course get my baby in by 2010...there's no way it will take longer than that...geez! Always wrong when it comes to IF! Anyways, here's to January post-xmas babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2011 sounds like a wonderful year to have a child! Why not? I'd even take 2012 or 2013.... or 2014? Whenever you're ready, baby, come on down!

    ReplyDelete